Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my screenshot file names including web address and other info?

I was taking screenshots to save for later, and while they started off in the usual file name format of ‘screenshot’ followed by the date and time, one of the screenshots changed file name to just “png image” and then the next one saved as a web address that was in the image, and but then the next few new screenshot I take has this web address but the images are unrelated.

And now, I took a screen shot of this text box and the file name came up as “Create a new question in the community” , and when I took a screenshot of the files in my folder, it saved it as “Open folder [folder name]”

Why is it taking data from the images a screenshot and changing the default screenshot file name format? What other data is it taking?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 9:49 PM

2 replies

Jul 5, 2021 4:25 PM in response to Eliza0987

Salutations Eliza0987,

Thank you for visiting the Apple Support Communities. It seems that you have a concern with some information with your screenshots. We will be honored to assist you! If you are using a Safari on a Mac or an iOS device, it is normal to see detailed information about a screenshot saved as a PNG file or another file type.

Supported ad types, formats, and tags

Take a screenshot or screen recording on iPhone

Note that if you are using a third-party web browser or screenshot app etc., you will need to contact their support team for assistance regarding your inquiry.

If you are need in more specifics for your Apple data. You can request your data on our Data and Privacy page.

Have a joyous day!

Why are my screenshot file names including web address and other info?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.