Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newsweek articles can’t read

Well reading Apple news if there is a Newsweek article it tells me I have not subscribe to Newsweek and therefore cannot read the article. However, I can go onto magazines in Apple news and pull up the entire magazine and read the articles there. It is very frustrating while reading the news not to be able to pull up the article

would appreciate any help

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 6:09 AM

Hello Danzo,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support communities. We understand that you are having trouble reading the Newsweek article because Apple News asks for a subscription but then you are able to read the article through the magazine section. We would love to help you with this. 

See this article for Apple News availability: Apple News & Privacy

This article tells you how to customize Apple News: Follow, unfollow, or block channels and topics in Apple News

Thank you for allowing us to support you.

Have an awesome and productive day!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2021 6:09 AM in response to Danzo

Hello Danzo,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support communities. We understand that you are having trouble reading the Newsweek article because Apple News asks for a subscription but then you are able to read the article through the magazine section. We would love to help you with this. 

See this article for Apple News availability: Apple News & Privacy

This article tells you how to customize Apple News: Follow, unfollow, or block channels and topics in Apple News

Thank you for allowing us to support you.

Have an awesome and productive day!

Jul 31, 2021 6:33 AM in response to i_rina

i_rina,

I'm having the same issue, but it seems you are not comprehending Danzo's point. I HAVE a Apple One Subscription (granting me the Apple News "subscriber" edition). Most articles come up in the news feed no problem - you can access and read. I CAN get into the Newsweek magazine to read articles. But today, and article appeared in the News feed I was interested in reading from Newsweek. When I clicked on the article a window popped up asking me to subscribe to "Apple News +."

Please see the screen shot below.

Is this a glitch? Or are their other subscriptions required INSIDE of the paid "Apple One" platform? It would be dissapointing to learn that all of the articles promised were not included... Please advise.

Jul 6, 2021 10:58 AM in response to rose_10

I know how to read Newsweek as a magazine. But when A Newsweek article shows up as part of Apple news, It will not let me read the article unless I pay for a Newsweek subscription. I don’t understand why I have to go back to the magazine to read an article and can’t read it as part of the news. Sorry if I didn’t make that clear in my initial post

Newsweek articles can’t read

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.