Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spoken content

Why does my spoken content keep turning on randomly. I’ll be looking through messages or photos etc and a little box appears and it starts reading whatever is on the screen. I turn it off in the accessibility menu in settings but it turns itself back on randomly.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 3:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 9:35 AM

You may have accidentally activated Back Tap

1. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch, and tap Back Tap.
  2. Tap Double Tap or Triple Tap and choose an action.
  3. Double or triple tap on the back of your iPhone to trigger the action you set.

You can even set a double or triple tap to trigger an Accessibility Shortcut to quickly access features like AssistiveTouch, Siri Shortcuts, Magnifier, Reachability, and VoiceOver.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2021 9:35 AM in response to Mattstirl

You may have accidentally activated Back Tap

1. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch, and tap Back Tap.
  2. Tap Double Tap or Triple Tap and choose an action.
  3. Double or triple tap on the back of your iPhone to trigger the action you set.

You can even set a double or triple tap to trigger an Accessibility Shortcut to quickly access features like AssistiveTouch, Siri Shortcuts, Magnifier, Reachability, and VoiceOver.

Spoken content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.