Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS16 broke Spoken content

I have used Spoken Content to listen to clippings and other text for years. i typically used an app called Bear. IOS16 has broken this feature. Now if i try to multitask and look at a different app or if the screen locks, spoken content crashes. It stops and does not remember its place. Any suggestions?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 9:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 5:21 PM

Thank you. I have done that. I understand the problem between Apple and the developer ecosystem. But when an app works well for years, and it has not been changed, I suggest that the app is not broken. Installing IOS 16 on my phone was the only thing that changed. I have tried and Spoken Content continues to work as before on Safari, Mail, and Notes. So my cynical side must assume this was an Apple tactic to cripple a developer which provides a function that Apple has chosen to to develop. I will work with the developer. But this is not the first time Apple has "improved" their OS and destroyed the function of a developer who has been otherwise successful.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2022 5:21 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

Thank you. I have done that. I understand the problem between Apple and the developer ecosystem. But when an app works well for years, and it has not been changed, I suggest that the app is not broken. Installing IOS 16 on my phone was the only thing that changed. I have tried and Spoken Content continues to work as before on Safari, Mail, and Notes. So my cynical side must assume this was an Apple tactic to cripple a developer which provides a function that Apple has chosen to to develop. I will work with the developer. But this is not the first time Apple has "improved" their OS and destroyed the function of a developer who has been otherwise successful.

IOS16 broke Spoken content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.