Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data Recovery!

When I removed iCloud from my MacBook, all the files which were not uploaded to the iCloud Drive (only 5GB) got deleted as well. To make things worse, I discovered that I had zero time machine backups since the option had not been turned on for some time. Is there anything I can do to get back my lost files?

Basically all my files were either in desktop and documents, exceeding 10-12 GB whereas I had only 5 GB free iCloud storage. So when I decided to remove iCloud from the Mac, it decided to delete all documents and desktop files, instead of only the ones uploaded to iCloud.

I had only recently updated system os from 11.2 to 11.4, so is there any possibility that apple can go back to the previous date without time machine backups?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 7:01 AM

As I expected, data that was in iCloud is easy to recover:

https://support.apple.com/guide/icloud/recover-deleted-files-mmae56ea1ca5/icloud

Data that was on your drive and not backed up.... now that is a big problem.

3 replies

Data Recovery!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.