Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time passcode reset not working

Every time I use my Apple ID to try and reset the screen time passcode it counts it as a failed attempt. I have seen several comments about the same thing. When is Apple going to get on this?

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 7:58 AM

Are you using the steps in this article?

Screen Time passcode reset

If necessary,  you will need to restore the device to factory settings. Do not restore from a backup made when the Screen Time code was active.

Restore to Factory setting.      

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner. Pick the closest topic you can find.

Click here to send Feedback        

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2021 7:58 AM in response to EliG27

Are you using the steps in this article?

Screen Time passcode reset

If necessary,  you will need to restore the device to factory settings. Do not restore from a backup made when the Screen Time code was active.

Restore to Factory setting.      

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner. Pick the closest topic you can find.

Click here to send Feedback        

Screen time passcode reset not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.