Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari slow and fails to load pages after Big Sur update' does anyone have a solution?

Does anyone have a solution. I have tried everything Apple support has listed. Google Chrome works but Safari only works with cached pages. I even reinstalled the OS. I have tried numerous DNS servers. Shutting down Safari or the network connection sometimes works for a couple of sites. After that it goes back to slow or can't find server. My download speed is 347 mbs. DNS lookup in terminal works fine.

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 2:26 PM

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

Are there any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Defrag, VPNs etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation. The Built-in Security of Big Sur is all that is required.

There are no known Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS. There are Malware and Adware that does affect macOS and are often times downloaded as part of an Application from Third Party UnTrusted Site and get installed along with the Application.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2021 2:26 PM in response to Tlctim

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

Are there any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Defrag, VPNs etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation. The Built-in Security of Big Sur is all that is required.

There are no known Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS. There are Malware and Adware that does affect macOS and are often times downloaded as part of an Application from Third Party UnTrusted Site and get installed along with the Application.

Safari slow and fails to load pages after Big Sur update' does anyone have a solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.