Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to get an email address again as my Apple ID?

Hi there,

I made a mistake and asked Apple to permanently delete an Apple ID that I should have kept. Is there any way to get that email address again as my Apple ID? I don't think there is but I just wanted to ask the experts.

Thank you.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 7:03 PM

Apple explains they have to keep certain information for a deleted AppleID, as described in -> How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support.

When you delete your Apple ID, Apple makes our best effort to delete all personal data associated with your account. However, we are required to retain past transaction information for financial reporting purposes, and we may be required to retain certain information to comply with a court settlement or other ongoing legal procedure.“

Since the AppleID login ID is nothing more than that email address used, it seems that once deleted, an AppleID primary email address can never be reused or resurrected again. The data is deleted, other than purchase information. But that itself is tied to that email address used as the AppleID login ID.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2021 7:03 PM in response to whartin

Apple explains they have to keep certain information for a deleted AppleID, as described in -> How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support.

When you delete your Apple ID, Apple makes our best effort to delete all personal data associated with your account. However, we are required to retain past transaction information for financial reporting purposes, and we may be required to retain certain information to comply with a court settlement or other ongoing legal procedure.“

Since the AppleID login ID is nothing more than that email address used, it seems that once deleted, an AppleID primary email address can never be reused or resurrected again. The data is deleted, other than purchase information. But that itself is tied to that email address used as the AppleID login ID.

Jul 5, 2021 2:39 PM in response to whartin

There have been posts by people who have contacted Apple Support and they were told that if you delete an ID associated with an email address, you can never reuse the email address for an Apple ID.  I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again.You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

Is there any way to get an email address again as my Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.