Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I care if I can't see my MacBook on My Devices on iCloud?

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 11:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 7:33 PM

I recently purchased an iPhone and didn't understand the MacBook wanted to update, upon doing so it suddenly reappeared as one of my devices on iCloud which as it turn out is important! Now my MacBook works with my iPhone & now the whole system is better than ever! Very Happy & thank you by the way for the reply, it's nice knowing there's a community dedicated to working together & helping each other for a better experience.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2021 7:33 PM in response to Bill_T1

I recently purchased an iPhone and didn't understand the MacBook wanted to update, upon doing so it suddenly reappeared as one of my devices on iCloud which as it turn out is important! Now my MacBook works with my iPhone & now the whole system is better than ever! Very Happy & thank you by the way for the reply, it's nice knowing there's a community dedicated to working together & helping each other for a better experience.

Jul 6, 2021 5:41 PM in response to madzoired95

Greetings DilbertDingleberry,

We see that your Mac is not showing up in your Find My app or via the iCloud site function. Let's make sure that is configured properly for use.

Visit Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac to learn how this service can be configured for your device to ensure it is active. Once active, your Mac will appear in your device list when accessing the service via the same Apple ID you've used to enroll the computer.

We hope this helps!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.