Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I delete a picture from my library/all photos, will that also delete the picture if I created an album and placed it there? I don’t need them in 2 places.

On my iPhone 11 Pro Max, if I delete a picture from my library/all photos once I have transferred it to a designated album, willl that picture also need deleted from the album?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 3:57 AM

4 replies

Jul 6, 2021 6:05 AM in response to Blankea148

Albums that you create on the phone do not contain copies of the photos. They contain pointers, or shortcuts, to those photos so the photos do not actually exist in the album. Albums that you create on your phone are for local organization only and cannot be imported to a computer either.

Therefore, when you delete a photo in the all photos section of the phone, the photos in that album that you created will also be deleted. You will see a message stating this when you try to delete one of those photos.

If I delete a picture from my library/all photos, will that also delete the picture if I created an album and placed it there? I don’t need them in 2 places.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.