Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone calendar opens only to empty inbox

Hi - My iPhone XR running iOS 14.6 will not let me view my calendar when I open the app. It goes to my inbox and stays stuck there. If I close down the calendar app and IMMEDIATELY relaunch it - I can get to my appointments for the day - but that is the only way. It's a real pain in the ***. Is there a fix?

iPhone XR

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 7:40 AM

Where is your calendar hosted? Calendars are not local to the iPhone; they sync with a calendar provider, usually paired with an email account. Go to Settings/Calendar/Accounts and see which account (or accounts) your calendar data syncs with. Your symptom could be failure to sync when you open the calendar app.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2021 7:40 AM in response to psquared24

Where is your calendar hosted? Calendars are not local to the iPhone; they sync with a calendar provider, usually paired with an email account. Go to Settings/Calendar/Accounts and see which account (or accounts) your calendar data syncs with. Your symptom could be failure to sync when you open the calendar app.

iphone calendar opens only to empty inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.