Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone calendar not opening to the dates screen

I recently watched a movie off a streaming site. It would keep jumping to my calendar so I kept closing out. Then I have gone to use my calendar and it only opens to a screen and I can’t get into the calendar dates. I’ve tried turning phone off and on. The settings look fine. Anyone able to help? See photo of when I press the app, the screen that opens up. I can’t do anything with this screen to get into the actual calendar.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 12:45 PM

Hi CarlySimon43,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today.

Closing the calendar app and restarting should resolve this. Here's how: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch and Restart your iPhone.

"iPhone X and later

1. From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.
  2. Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close. 
  3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app."

And:

"How to restart your iPhone X, 11, 12, or 13

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
  3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo."

Let us know if the issue continues after this.

Have a fantastic day!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2022 12:45 PM in response to CarlySimon43

Hi CarlySimon43,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today.

Closing the calendar app and restarting should resolve this. Here's how: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch and Restart your iPhone.

"iPhone X and later

1. From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.
  2. Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close. 
  3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app."

And:

"How to restart your iPhone X, 11, 12, or 13

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
  3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo."

Let us know if the issue continues after this.

Have a fantastic day!

iPhone calendar not opening to the dates screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.