Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water damage

What can I do if my iPhone gets dropped in the pool and blacks out for almost a full day?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 8:07 AM

Your iPhone is, most likely, damaged. I suggest that you stop using it and be sure that it is powered off to prevent any further damage. The Apple warranty does not cover this type of damage and any repairs, if still possible, will come at full cost to you ... unless you elected to have purchased an AppleCare+ plan ... then they would come at a lower cost.

At this point, I suggest that you take your phone to your local Genius Bar or to an Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them assess the extent of the damage and provide you with your options.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2021 8:07 AM in response to markeith7

Your iPhone is, most likely, damaged. I suggest that you stop using it and be sure that it is powered off to prevent any further damage. The Apple warranty does not cover this type of damage and any repairs, if still possible, will come at full cost to you ... unless you elected to have purchased an AppleCare+ plan ... then they would come at a lower cost.

At this point, I suggest that you take your phone to your local Genius Bar or to an Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them assess the extent of the damage and provide you with your options.

Water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.