Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I render videos in iMovie

How do I render videos? It sometimes goes blank when in other players it doesn't.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 5:59 PM

If you are using iMovie 10.2.4, and it crashes when you try to export a movie then that likely is caused by a bug that has been reported several times on this forum. Until Apple fixes it, the solution is to go to System Preferences/Language and Region, and set the region to United States and the language to English.

-- Rich

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2021 5:59 PM in response to Rich839

If you are using iMovie 10.2.4, and it crashes when you try to export a movie then that likely is caused by a bug that has been reported several times on this forum. Until Apple fixes it, the solution is to go to System Preferences/Language and Region, and set the region to United States and the language to English.

-- Rich

Jul 6, 2021 2:35 PM in response to Soaring-Eagle

I don’t know what you mean by “sometimes goes blank”.

To export a project, click on the export button (the square with the upward pointing arrow in it) located in the upper right of the project screen and, from the export box that appears, click on the File option. Other dialogue boxes will pop up where you can select your settings and destination. That will create a standalone movie that will play anywhere.

— Rich

How do I render videos in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.