Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UPS for IMac 27inch 2021

Hi, I am having,

27Inch Retina 5k Display, 3.8 GHz 8 CORE 10TH Gen i7 Processor, 40GB RAM, 8GB VRAM,1 TB SSD, 10 GB Ethernet Port, Trackpad 2, Keyboard with Numeric Keypad - US English.

Can anyone suggest me a UPS for the above iMac? How to calculate the UPS Voltage requirements for using the iMac.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 10:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 4:06 AM

Your Mac uses about 262watts max (Volts x current). To get the correct size UPS you need to add up all the items you want to have power. That means the Mac, router, modem, printer, external drives, etc. That will determine the size. I have a 1500VA UPS but really only need <1000. My UPS is also a sine wave design but not sure that is required.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2021 4:06 AM in response to SUKRAN_Creativz

Your Mac uses about 262watts max (Volts x current). To get the correct size UPS you need to add up all the items you want to have power. That means the Mac, router, modem, printer, external drives, etc. That will determine the size. I have a 1500VA UPS but really only need <1000. My UPS is also a sine wave design but not sure that is required.

UPS for IMac 27inch 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.