Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

play a turntable through homepod

Hi, I am buying a new record player/turntable for my husband. It has blue tooth - does that mean I can connect via the "home" ap and play through the homepod?

Has anyone any ideas... Thank you!

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 3:46 AM

2 replies

Jul 9, 2021 5:24 PM in response to Tazjulie

You are best searching the internet for "turntable homepod" instead of these forums. As far as I can tell any solution involves a compromise including having another digital device, such as an iPad, between the turntable and the Homepods.

People generally listen to vinyl with an analog hifi system claiming that the conversion to digital for Airplaying to Homepods spoils the sound quality. Turntables that output via Bluetooth also have this limitation. I can't pick it myself.

I am impressed with the "lossless" format of recent songs available from Apple Music and played on the original Homepods but that is a totally digital system.

["Analog" reproduces the relatively smooth oscillation of the turntable needle as it follows the grooves in the vinyl record and tries to accurately reproduce the studio sound - as sought by audiophiles. "Digital" chops these analog signals into discrete bits that are converted to numbers for processing by digital equipment]

play a turntable through homepod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.