Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore from Time Machine?

So I am updating the Macintosh HD on my MacPro, where the OS High Sierra resides. I have a back up on Time Machine. My Mac Pro has 4 hard drives total, I do not need to restore the other three HDs. Is that an option in Time Machine Restore to select only one drive to restore? When I started the process, a warning said that my entire system would be erased, then restored. Am I missing something?

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 6:39 AM

Hi Guerin, 

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, it appears that you have a question about restoring your MacPro from a Time Machine backup.  We want to help. This article has the steps to Restore your Mac from a backup

If you look under section 7, it talks about selecting the information to transfer.

Best Regards!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2021 6:39 AM in response to Guerin

Hi Guerin, 

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, it appears that you have a question about restoring your MacPro from a Time Machine backup.  We want to help. This article has the steps to Restore your Mac from a backup

If you look under section 7, it talks about selecting the information to transfer.

Best Regards!

How to restore from Time Machine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.