Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mail won't display flags

I'm using Mail Version 14.0 (3654.100.0.2.22), Big Sur 11.4

I flag an incoming email but the flag will not display. In fact, there is no place where I can specify to show the 'flag' column. On my other Mac (a MacBook Pro), which upgraded, shows the flag. How can I make the flag column display?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 2:09 PM

Hello, GingerKoko.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are running into some issues viewing your flagged emails successfully. We definitely understand that not being able to view those emails as you wish can be a concern and we'd love to help. Let’s start by reviewing this article: Flag emails in Mail on Mac. Check the section titled “Show flagged emails” for details.

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions about this issue, or if the issue remains unresolved. Have a great day!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2021 2:09 PM in response to GingerKoko

Hello, GingerKoko.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are running into some issues viewing your flagged emails successfully. We definitely understand that not being able to view those emails as you wish can be a concern and we'd love to help. Let’s start by reviewing this article: Flag emails in Mail on Mac. Check the section titled “Show flagged emails” for details.

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions about this issue, or if the issue remains unresolved. Have a great day!

Jul 8, 2021 8:12 PM in response to Leanne_68

It is the HEADER that I am lacking. Both the MacBook Air 2017 and my MacBook Pro late 2013 are Big Sur 11.4. Both have same version of Mail installed 14.0 (3654.100.0.2.22). There is NO header column to display the flag next to a message. When I select a flag, it DOES increase the number of flagged items in the Flagged folder and it DOES show it flagged when I view the flag but does NOT have a column for the flag on the MacBook Air like it does on my MacBook Pro. Please see the attached two images.

I want to add a column for flags on the MacBook Air but I can't find where I would do that and I've been all through every option. I read everything you provided and I still have no answers on how to add a flag column like displays on my MacBook Pro.

MacBook Pro

MacBook Air

Mac mail won't display flags

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.