Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you identify this keyboard?

I got a MacBook Pro on eBay, and it came with this different keyboard, so I wonder:

1. what are these other odd keys for?

1. 2. and what do the special keys, actually do?
  2. Where is there all the information I can read about this?
  3. Is there a special system or add-on app for this slightly different computer?
  4. Here is how it looks.

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 1:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 2:31 AM

That's the standard French Canadian keyboard, used for typing French and English. To have the printing on the keys match what appears on the screen, go to system preferences > keyboard > input sources and make sure that Canadian French CSA is the only item on the list.

Apple produces dozens of different keyboards for use in different countries which use different languages and need additional characters.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2021 2:31 AM in response to AmnonMikeCohen

That's the standard French Canadian keyboard, used for typing French and English. To have the printing on the keys match what appears on the screen, go to system preferences > keyboard > input sources and make sure that Canadian French CSA is the only item on the list.

Apple produces dozens of different keyboards for use in different countries which use different languages and need additional characters.

Can you identify this keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.