Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Confirm iPhone Passcode" message

I'm getting an alert in settings asking me to confirm my iPhone passcode. It says that I recently changed my passcode but I haven't. I've been using the same passcode for years. Is this a matter for concern?

Perhaps it is a coincidence but a few nights ago, I got a "Use this iPhone to reset your Apple ID" message. I found it suspect and used my MacBook to change my Apple ID password.

Is someone trying to hack my Apple ID or my actual phone?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 8:04 AM

Hello Ctobes26,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, in the Settings app, it's requesting to enter in your passcode to confirm recently changing it, but you haven't actually changed the passcode. We'll do our best to assist.

This is likely related to you recently resetting your Apple ID or iCloud password, since it mentions that in order to continue using iCloud, you need to enter in your passcode. It may have timed out, since the last time you entered it in or restarted. If you changed the password due to the error you received, you've taken the right steps to resolve that part.

Do you happen to have any profiles installed on this iPhone 11 Pro Max? If so, you can remove them and see if that solves the issue: Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone

If that isn't relevant to you or doesn't solve it, then we'd suggest resetting the passcode on your iPhone in Settings > Face ID & Passcode, which should in return turn off this message or suggestion: Set a passcode on iPhone

Hoping this helps out, take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2021 8:04 AM in response to ctobes26

Hello Ctobes26,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, in the Settings app, it's requesting to enter in your passcode to confirm recently changing it, but you haven't actually changed the passcode. We'll do our best to assist.

This is likely related to you recently resetting your Apple ID or iCloud password, since it mentions that in order to continue using iCloud, you need to enter in your passcode. It may have timed out, since the last time you entered it in or restarted. If you changed the password due to the error you received, you've taken the right steps to resolve that part.

Do you happen to have any profiles installed on this iPhone 11 Pro Max? If so, you can remove them and see if that solves the issue: Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone

If that isn't relevant to you or doesn't solve it, then we'd suggest resetting the passcode on your iPhone in Settings > Face ID & Passcode, which should in return turn off this message or suggestion: Set a passcode on iPhone

Hoping this helps out, take care!

"Confirm iPhone Passcode" message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.