Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pencil

how do i mark up an email with an apple pencil?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply
7 replies

Jul 10, 2021 4:37 AM in response to LotusPilot

A thousand pardons. You are correct. However, the directions do not play out upon application. I open an email, I hit reply and it says to tap in the body of the email and tap on the <. When I tap in the body of the email, < doesn’t appear. The pencil converts whatever you draw to text. It doesn’t keep your markings, like if I wanted to circle a word or sentence or underline something. It will take that marking and convert it to text. I don’t want that. I want to be able to mark it up, make notes, circle things, underline things, whatever and then send it to someone just as I’ve marked it.

Jul 10, 2021 8:57 AM in response to backtopaperandpencil

Turn scribble back on.

Follow Lotus Pilot’s link.

Tap in the email body area

A small, white round palette/menu appears with ONLY a handwriting to text pen tool

If you tap that, that circles expands out and a whole bunch of edit tools/options appear.

Pick the icon that looks like a pen tip.

You'll get the sketch and drawing tools, instead.

When you want to write or draw, pick one of the drawing/writing pens to use as these will NOT convert your handwriting to text.

Good Luck to You!

Apple pencil

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.