Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store not accepting password

Using an iPad, I have several updates that need to be done on Apps. When going into the App Store, I am signed in as myself however when the updates start, a prompt comes up for me to enter my password. Once password entered, it says that it is not the right password. I know 100% it is the correct password as I have signed out and signed back in, signed into iCloud, etc all using the same password.

Any thoughts on how I can get the App Store to take my password?

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 6:55 PM

If you signed out of the App Store and signed back in again, it should be working. If you cannot get it to work, try signing out again, then power cycle your iPhone, then sign back in again. If it fails at that point, then use the Get Support link at the top of the page here and contact Apple Support for assistance.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2021 6:55 PM in response to hsien-yao

If you signed out of the App Store and signed back in again, it should be working. If you cannot get it to work, try signing out again, then power cycle your iPhone, then sign back in again. If it fails at that point, then use the Get Support link at the top of the page here and contact Apple Support for assistance.

App Store not accepting password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.