Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Podcasts Connect - Something went wrong.

When I click to add my podcast show, it instantly says "Something went wrong."

I didn't get a chance to add my podcast feed URL. Any ideas?

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 8:14 AM

There is a way to bypass this... and man is this site HORRIBLE!

by inspecting the page i found out the error is due to their existing account user logic.

Go add a new user on this page: https://podcastsconnect.apple.com/access/users

just invite a close friend as a show manager. Once they accept, the new show button will work again.

But theres yet another bug, make sure you choose to create the show WITHOUT an rss feed, then scroll to the bottom and add it after. I found that if you add the feed immediately, you get another error.

Similar questions

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2021 8:14 AM in response to RoboftheNorth

There is a way to bypass this... and man is this site HORRIBLE!

by inspecting the page i found out the error is due to their existing account user logic.

Go add a new user on this page: https://podcastsconnect.apple.com/access/users

just invite a close friend as a show manager. Once they accept, the new show button will work again.

But theres yet another bug, make sure you choose to create the show WITHOUT an rss feed, then scroll to the bottom and add it after. I found that if you add the feed immediately, you get another error.

Jul 8, 2021 11:39 PM in response to RoboftheNorth

This is very likely a glitch at Apple's end - there have been a lot of complaints along these lines. It's possible that there is a problem with your feed, and if you post the URL I can have a look at it. Otherwise there's nothing you can do execpt keep trying, and if after a time it's still not working contact Podcasts Support: https://itunespartner.apple.com/contact/?content_type=podcasts

Jul 12, 2021 10:13 AM in response to zackifydev

It does tend to take a bit of time at this stage. It's difficult to know what's going on since the recent changes, but it may be that the assessment of the podcast by humans has been rolled into this stage - how long this takes depends on how busy they are but it used to run at around two weeks a lot of the time. The automated part of the process checks the validity of the feed and other details such as whether the image and the episode media meet the requirements. Then humans have to check that you are not using inappropriate language, breaching copyright, or other matters which an automated system obviously can't check.

Jul 26, 2021 12:09 PM in response to zackifydev

Hi @zackifydev, just wondering if you've seen any progress since the original "We're still processing your show details" message. I've been stuck in the same place since July 14th and I haven't received any responses when contacting Apple Podcasts Support. Checking in with everyone I can find who reported the same issue to see if anyone has been able to get past this stage!

Jul 26, 2021 12:12 PM in response to ebn_nyc

There is no waiting period required for the podcasts to work. The other poster is misinformed.

It only says that when the website is glitched.

I had to "remove rss feed" then add a photo, then publish it.

After publishing, i go back and add the rss feed, save it, and it populates from the feed.

Between that, and having to add a user just to make the form work.... I'm shocked at how bad the QA is on the podcast team

Jul 26, 2021 12:26 PM in response to zackifydev

Yikes—I really appreciate your response, but I'm nervous that if I remove the RSS feed, I'll somehow be stuck at the very back of a multi-week review queue again. To confirm, I did create the show without an RSS feed and added it afterwards, and I am still seeing the "We’re still processing your show details. Check back later and then click Publish" message almost two weeks later. Are you suggesting that I remove it and try to add it again?

And completely agree that it's shocking how horribly confusing this submission process is. Also, if it does take several weeks for show details to process, why doesn't the error message just say something like "We're still processing your show details, which typically takes 2-3 weeks."

How in the world did a company like Apple release a product in this state?!

Jul 26, 2021 12:32 PM in response to ebn_nyc

I promise you won't be... I had the same thought. There is no queue. it is all supposed to be instant.

I added and removed it multiple times... because I also found out, after getting it to load the feed, if you submit, it says "you must upload a photo"

but the photo upload is hidden if you added an RSS feed!!!

So i ended up removing the feed, uploading the photo, adding feed back, hitting submit.

It said it again! must upload photo.

So I removed the feed, selected the photo, and published without the feed...

Turns out after publishing if you add the feed, it just works.

I ended up getting a brand new feed submitted and published in the podcasts app in a couple hours.. i had to fight through all these bugs. I only figured it out because im a web developer too, i inspected the page and saw the errors and just tried different ways to bypass them

Jul 26, 2021 1:51 PM in response to zackifydev

zackifydev wrote:
I ended up getting a brand new feed submitted and published in the podcasts app in a couple hours.

...which is intriguing because prior to all these changes new podcasts had to be checked for violations such as inappropriate language and subects, breaches of copyright, misuse of Apple trademarks etc. etc. which presumably cannot be done by an automated process (though with modern AI one never knows).

In any case congratulations on threading your way through an incredible mess. It's going to get interesting if there is a substantial takeup of people creating the podcast on the site rather than in a feed, and often wanting people to pay to year it, because in these cases it won't be possible to offer much in the way of advice here, in the absence of a feed to check and in some cases no access to the published podcast.

Apple Podcasts Connect - Something went wrong.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.