Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did my keyboard shortcuts for cut and paste stop working?

Running Yosemite 10.10.5 on an older iMac (2013). Other than not being able to upgrade Google anymore, I have not had any problems. Just in the past day or so my keyboard shortcuts stopped working. Specifically cut and paste, which I use all the time. If I hit Command X or V, I just get the letter x or v. Any ideas what happened?

iMac 27″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 9:50 AM

Your 2013 iMac can run all the way up to macOS 10.15 Catalina and should be upgraded for security reasons.

At minimum if you are running 32bit App's, you should upgrade to at least 10.13 High Sierra or macOS 10.14 Mojave.

see > https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683

6 replies

Jul 9, 2021 9:57 AM in response to den.thed

den.thed: I would love to upgrade my OS, but am using older Adobe Creative Suite software which I don't think will run on anything newer than what I have. I refuse to upgrade to the Adobe Creative Cloud version, because I am pretty much retired and use it very infrequently. I don't want to pay per month for something I barely use, but definitely need from time to time.

I guess I am going to have to buy a new iMac just to keep everything else up to date, and retire this one for my dwindling graphic art projects.

Why did my keyboard shortcuts for cut and paste stop working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.