Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cmd c + cmd v not working

Hey I am new to mac . Suddenly copy and paste from keyboard is not working. Also some other configuration changed . I am not sure whether my kid typed today on keyboard effected this..

when i cmd+c i am getting ç . Attaching the configuration.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 8:03 PM

rajharkar Said:

"cmd c + cmd v not working : Hey I am new to mac . Suddenly copy and paste from keyboard is not working. Also some other configuration changed . I am not sure whether my kid typed today on keyboard effected this..[...]"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Fixing Keyboard Issues:

A. Start with a Restart:

Restart your Mac normally, and the log back in tot the same user.

B. Reset the SMC and NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Only Macs): Sometimes changes(i.e. formats) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for Keyboard) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both on your Mac. Perhaps the keyboard's settings for it keys are mingled. It might take upto three tries to reset both. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

C. Boot in to Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to fix issues. So, boot into it, seeing if you then use this. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Perform the Following:

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode: [Hold Down: the shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Restart; your Mac
  5. Log in: as same user

See if this now works

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2022 8:03 PM in response to rajharkar

rajharkar Said:

"cmd c + cmd v not working : Hey I am new to mac . Suddenly copy and paste from keyboard is not working. Also some other configuration changed . I am not sure whether my kid typed today on keyboard effected this..[...]"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Fixing Keyboard Issues:

A. Start with a Restart:

Restart your Mac normally, and the log back in tot the same user.

B. Reset the SMC and NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Only Macs): Sometimes changes(i.e. formats) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for Keyboard) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both on your Mac. Perhaps the keyboard's settings for it keys are mingled. It might take upto three tries to reset both. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

C. Boot in to Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to fix issues. So, boot into it, seeing if you then use this. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Perform the Following:

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode: [Hold Down: the shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Restart; your Mac
  5. Log in: as same user

See if this now works

cmd c + cmd v not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.