Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Speaker Blasts Ear with iPhone 12

I have an iphone mini 12, and when I attempted to make a call, the iphone switched to Speaker and blasted my ear. I previously had an iphone 5s, and this never happened. On the previous thread, the person was told that the software version 14.4 fixed this. Nope! I'm using version 14.6.

Does Apple not realize that this is a health safety issue? A one-time exposure to an extreme loud sound can cause hearing loss. Does Apple want a lawsuit on its hands? I paid over $900 for this phone + case, and I would expect it to not damage my health.

I now have to use the phone with great trepidation for fear that I can encounter a loud blast at any time. There are many excellent features of this product, but sometimes one thing can be a deal breaker.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 9:33 AM

Hi IrishToffee,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We want to make sure you reach the right team for help with your device. We recommend that you contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: Get Support.

Take care!

13 replies

Sep 10, 2021 8:14 PM in response to IrishToffee

Did you get a solution to this problem as I am sick to death of the iPhone 12 blasting in my ear when I am on the phone

It's ridiculous.

My iPhone 12 also randomly scrolls back - I could be looking at anything, it clicks and then automatically scrolls back

Very annoying and not very happy with this expensive phone

I had NO problems with my iPhone 6 plus

Does anyone have any solutions?

Nov 4, 2021 11:54 AM in response to IrishToffee

I spoke with a technician on the phone and was directed to local Genius Bar. That technician also contacted a safety agent, so I have it documented now. They acknowledged my first step of hearing test with follow up to see of hearing improved was what I needed to do. Local Genius Bar ran the phone through diagnostics, found some level of failure with face I.d. Though I wasn’t having an issue. A couple other mo or issues failed. They replaced the logic board. They could really speak to the exact problem I was having, random switching from receiver to speaker on incoming calls but hoping the logic board replacement is enough.

Speaker Blasts Ear with iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.