Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In numbers the tabs on my spreadsheet are green and the text is white . How can I change this. Is very difficult to read with that display

In numbers the tabs on my spreadsheet are green and the text is white . How can I change this. Is very difficult to read with that display

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 10:44 AM

If you are running Big Sur, then go to System Preferences > General and try selecting a different Accent Color:

You could also try that in combination with change Light Mode to Dark Mode or vice versa.

SG

2 replies

Jul 9, 2021 11:11 AM in response to Numbers-Issues

I am not aware of much in the system preferences for customizing the color scheme other than what SGIII showed. I have a really hard time with the gray-on-gray scheme; much more so than the white on dark green of the tabs. "Increase Contrast" (in Accessibility options) helps some with the gray-on-gray stuff if you find that to be a problem but used to cause a problem in Safari where text in the tabs would go blank. But now that you've brought this up I'm going to try it out again and see if they fixed it. Sorry it doesn't help with the tabs, though.

Edit: It does affect the tabs a little. If you select "Increase Contrast", the colors you can choose for accent color are a little darker. Still white text, though.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.