Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Photos says Not enough iCloud Storage after switching to Family Storage.

As many people seem to have had previously, without a fix that I can find, my wife has an iCloud storage issue. She has been part of Family since she got her iPhone & iCloud account a few months ago. She wasn't using Family storage for photos (cant remember why) and filled up her 5Gb free iCloud storage. Her photos had stopped uploading, so I tapped 'Use Family storage' expecting the rest of her photos to start taking up the shared space. But, Photos have been stuck on not enough iCloud storage and only allowing to pay for the 50Gb storage. If I check her iCloud settings, its listed as using family storage, with 150ish of 200Gb used. Her phone (original SE) can backup to iCloud without a problem. It was uploading photos to iCloud before switching to Family storage without a problem.

So, has anyone seen a fix for this anywhere? Not the ones which tell you to delete photos, we want to keep the photos which is why we switch on family storage. Thanks in advance.

iPhone SE

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 3:05 AM

I’m going to mark this as solved because it’s now working so hopefully this might be something someone else can try if they have the same issue.

I had some spare time whilst out and about, so connected my wife’s phone (with the upload issue) to the personal hotspot on my iPhone and after only a few minutes it started uploading! I didn’t do anything different, it just started working. Now when it’s back on ‘normal’ wifi it uploads as it should. So, if you’re reading this because you have the same iCloud storage message on shared storage, it’s something else that you could probably try. Good luck.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2021 3:05 AM in response to JCorHelps

I’m going to mark this as solved because it’s now working so hopefully this might be something someone else can try if they have the same issue.

I had some spare time whilst out and about, so connected my wife’s phone (with the upload issue) to the personal hotspot on my iPhone and after only a few minutes it started uploading! I didn’t do anything different, it just started working. Now when it’s back on ‘normal’ wifi it uploads as it should. So, if you’re reading this because you have the same iCloud storage message on shared storage, it’s something else that you could probably try. Good luck.

iPhone Photos says Not enough iCloud Storage after switching to Family Storage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.