Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone dims or stays dark in sunlight

This issue has been posted before but i am constantly having this issue across multiple iphones. When in brighter light conditions, usually sunlight, the screen dims. Phone has been restarted multiple times, auto brightness is off all suggested steps i can find have been followed to correct the issue and screen brightness is set to full. Please help, i have tried to fix this in versions 14 and 15 of ios no luck!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 1:46 PM

If the phone is in bright sunlight and has been allowed to get too hot it will dim the screen to reduce the amount of heat generated by the display. If it continues to get hotter, and exceeds 90º F the phone will shut down to cool off.

3 replies

Jul 9, 2021 1:57 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I definitely have seen that, however the phones ive tested definitely arent in direct sun for that long, usually ambient indirect sunlight when in an air conditioned car or under a tree. However; could it be related to the full multi piece otterbox case that is on it possibly keeping heat in? This was a constant over every phone ive tested

iPhone dims or stays dark in sunlight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.