Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone says error when i try to update

i want to update software but it says error

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 3:14 PM

It would have helped if you would have listed which iPhone you were using and which iOS version you were attempting to update. You should have also listed out the exact error message in your post.

Make sure that your iPhone is setup to meet the following requirements before you attempt to update the iOS version-

• Your iPhone must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • The iPhone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • Your iPhone must have at least 6GB or more free storage space
  • Your iPhone cannot be connected through VPN
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2021 3:14 PM in response to Tumi0417

It would have helped if you would have listed which iPhone you were using and which iOS version you were attempting to update. You should have also listed out the exact error message in your post.

Make sure that your iPhone is setup to meet the following requirements before you attempt to update the iOS version-

• Your iPhone must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • The iPhone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • Your iPhone must have at least 6GB or more free storage space
  • Your iPhone cannot be connected through VPN
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

Axel F.

My phone says error when i try to update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.