Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Factory reset old iphone

I have an old iphone4 I wish to repurpose for a young grand daughter . However the phone was used by a now deceased family member whose Apple account I deleted at the time of passing . Any way I try it keeps requesting the password for the Apple account which I input but of course the account no longer exists so it error messages . May be easier to bin the phone , but it would be helpful as a security devise for my grand daughter. Almost given up 🤷🏼‍♂️ So any help gratefully accepted.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 6:59 PM

There is no way to use the phone without the Apple ID and Password of the original owner. This is a theft prevention feature. We can't help and Apple will not unless you can produce the original receipt clearly showing the serial number. There is a legal path to retrieve account, but I doubt you want to go to this much trouble for such an old phone.

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2021 6:59 PM in response to Winning_Paul

There is no way to use the phone without the Apple ID and Password of the original owner. This is a theft prevention feature. We can't help and Apple will not unless you can produce the original receipt clearly showing the serial number. There is a legal path to retrieve account, but I doubt you want to go to this much trouble for such an old phone.

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

Factory reset old iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.