Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a CLASSIC iPOD 160GB, the iTunes "app" is not letting me SYNC. The PC recognizes my device but the iTunes app does not..any suggestions/ideas

I have a CLASSIC iPOD 160GB, the iTunes "app" is not letting me SYNC. The PC recognizes my device but the iTunes app does not. Any suggestions/ideas how to solve this?

I have reinstalled the iTunes and have the current program/app.

iPod Classic

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 8:40 AM

What build of iTunes is installed? It seems the 12.11.3.17 build might cause issues for some users. Uninstalling and reinstalling the previous build may help. You can find links at the bottom of Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates - Apple Community, along with advice on uninstalling elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 8:40 AM in response to RLawn2

What build of iTunes is installed? It seems the 12.11.3.17 build might cause issues for some users. Uninstalling and reinstalling the previous build may help. You can find links at the bottom of Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates - Apple Community, along with advice on uninstalling elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

Jul 21, 2021 2:09 PM in response to RLawn2

I have a Classic iPod 2006 and I have just synced and downloaded all my music from what was iTunes and is now called Music. I connected my iPod via a cable to my iMac and after a while, the window came up with all the options - Music, Photo's etc. I selected Music and chose to Sync and then pressed apply at the bottom of the screen. It took a while but I managed to download 35GB.

You may have done this already, if I'm teaching my Grandmother to suck an egg, apologies - at least you know it's possible.

Good luck,

Jane

I have a CLASSIC iPOD 160GB, the iTunes "app" is not letting me SYNC. The PC recognizes my device but the iTunes app does not..any suggestions/ideas

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.