Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone hacked

I think my iPhone was hacked. I got a pop up message about 4-5 days ago saying that if I don’t address the issue, that my phone would be compromised & to download a ghost app, the app is GhostWebIncognito. I ended up getting the app as I was given like a minute & a half to fix the issue. How can I checked for problems & fix them?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 10:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 7:59 AM

Then if it was in safari that is just a pop-up message trying to get you to do something by making you believe your phone is hacked. If you did not click any sort of buttons on it or follow its instructions you should be just fine.

A lot of times you will notice when it pops up with that message the website that your on at the top of the page it shows the URL and a lot of times you can see that it's just some random thing.

There are all sorts of ways in safari you can get one by either clicking on a link to something it could have even been an email link you clicked on, there are many possibilities to how it happened. As long as you didn't click or touch anything you should be just fine.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 7:59 AM in response to Softball_2387

Then if it was in safari that is just a pop-up message trying to get you to do something by making you believe your phone is hacked. If you did not click any sort of buttons on it or follow its instructions you should be just fine.

A lot of times you will notice when it pops up with that message the website that your on at the top of the page it shows the URL and a lot of times you can see that it's just some random thing.

There are all sorts of ways in safari you can get one by either clicking on a link to something it could have even been an email link you clicked on, there are many possibilities to how it happened. As long as you didn't click or touch anything you should be just fine.

Phone hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.