Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my iphone (and ipad) not able to use wifi or cellular data except for on apps like google or messages?

hey, i own an iphone 11 pro max and an ipad pro 12 inch. a few days ago i’d noticed that a few apps (discord, instagram, messenger, & facebook) would pop up saying things such as “network connectivity limited or unavailable.” very few apps for that matter seem to work, ios messages and any sort of message notifications work plus google is functional. i’m not sure what happened or how to fix it. i tried resetting as many things as possible but none of that works. it’s been going on for around 4 days now and i’m getting a little irritated. a power outage due to a lightning strike in my town happened but i’m not sure if it caused this or not- at the time i was asleep and i don’t remember if this was happening before or after that. if anyone can help please let me know! i really would like to go back to using my devices again-

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 9:41 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 10, 2021 12:04 AM in response to false_advertisementt

Please follow these four fixes to solve this issue.

1. Restart or Force Restart: Open iPhone/iPad Settings app > General > Shut Down. See if this helps. If not, please consider force restarting. Here is how to force restart any iPhone or iPad model.
  2. Restart your Wi-Fi Router. Make sure you are not using any VPN at the router level.
  3. Turn off any VPN if you are using one.
  4. Reset Network Settings: This will almost surely fix the issue. Resetting the network will not delete any personal data like photos, apps, app data, videos, music, etc. Still, it is better to backup your iPhone before proceeding. To reset, open iPhone and iPad Settings app > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Let it complete. Then connect your device to Wi-Fi (or cellular data), and everything will work.

:)

Jul 9, 2021 11:51 PM in response to false_advertisementt

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2) If the above does not work then - Reset your Network settings by opening Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings. You may have to re-enter your Wi-Fi password(s) again after this action.

Axel F.

why is my iphone (and ipad) not able to use wifi or cellular data except for on apps like google or messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.