Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I pay for 2TB each month and family share with my wife. We cannot get our photos to share in the Cloud from our I-phones. Can anyone help with that?

We family share and have the 2TB plan. We take many photos but the photos are not uploading to our Apple devices. What are we doing wrong? Thank you.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 11:43 AM

Do you have iCloud Photos turned on? See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Also note that even when sharing iCloud storage, each persons storage is separate and private and photos are not automatically shared. You can share selected photos, whether or not sharing a storage plan. See the following from https://www.apple.com/family-sharing/

When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 11:43 AM in response to Harryandtheoldwoman

Do you have iCloud Photos turned on? See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Also note that even when sharing iCloud storage, each persons storage is separate and private and photos are not automatically shared. You can share selected photos, whether or not sharing a storage plan. See the following from https://www.apple.com/family-sharing/

When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added. 

I pay for 2TB each month and family share with my wife. We cannot get our photos to share in the Cloud from our I-phones. Can anyone help with that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.