Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV not Connecting to Internet or Showing Netflix Thumbnails

I haven’t used my Apple TV in a while. When I started it up, it wasn’t responding in Home app. I reconnected to WiFi and it showed up in Home app, Had trouble with thumbnail icons on Netflix and followed instructions on this forum. Checked and installed software update, rebooted MiFi/WiFi device and Apple TV, and made sure DNS was set to automatic. Now it’s not responding in Home app and indicating it’s not connected to the Internet. It indicates that the Apple TV app is not available, but of course, it can’t connect to the App Store. It shows a strong WiFi signal. What to try next?

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 12:38 PM

Try restarting your Apple TV once more.

How to turn off or restart your Apple TV - Apple Support

Netflix Error 10044 - Netflix Help Center

Try to restart your router, to force a fresh discovery of devices.

Verify the version system software. To be up-to-date, it should be tvOS 14.6. Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

If the issue persist, them disconnect Apple TV from power for a minute or two, then try again.

If the issue continued to persist, then reset to factory settings.

Let us know how that goes.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2021 12:38 PM in response to barneyfrommount dora

Try restarting your Apple TV once more.

How to turn off or restart your Apple TV - Apple Support

Netflix Error 10044 - Netflix Help Center

Try to restart your router, to force a fresh discovery of devices.

Verify the version system software. To be up-to-date, it should be tvOS 14.6. Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

If the issue persist, them disconnect Apple TV from power for a minute or two, then try again.

If the issue continued to persist, then reset to factory settings.

Let us know how that goes.

Apple TV not Connecting to Internet or Showing Netflix Thumbnails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.