Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to watch any Apple TV programs on my television. I use a firestick. If I try to watch anything I get a message that the video cannot play, check my WiFi. We’ll everything else is working, and I have restarted, unplugged, done everything

Help! I am so frustrated that I am unable to watch Apple TV on my tv. I can watch it fine on my iPad. I just get the message every time I try, that we are unable to play this video, check your WiFi connection. I have restarted my WiFi, restarted my tv, restarted my firestick. I have removed and reinstalled Apple TV. All of my other apps are working fine - I can watch Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc. but I would really like to be able to watch Apple and this is going on for several weeks now. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions?

Apple TV

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 4:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 7:29 AM

Hello eileenfromlyndhurst,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We see you're having an issue with watching the Apple TV app on your TV. We'll be glad to assist.

Please follow the guidance here for help with this issue: If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

We know that there isn't any account issues since you can access Apple TV on your iPad.

Try updating the software on your Fire Stick. Follow this: Amazon.com Help: Set Up Your Fire TV Stick

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2021 7:29 AM in response to eileenfromlyndhurst

Hello eileenfromlyndhurst,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We see you're having an issue with watching the Apple TV app on your TV. We'll be glad to assist.

Please follow the guidance here for help with this issue: If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

We know that there isn't any account issues since you can access Apple TV on your iPad.

Try updating the software on your Fire Stick. Follow this: Amazon.com Help: Set Up Your Fire TV Stick

Take care.

Nov 3, 2021 6:27 PM in response to 1ssmith

I am having the same problem Eileen. I have the free trial for Apple TV and it was working on my TV app until Saturday, October 29. Apple TV was working at 7:30 PM when I paused a movie and signed out. Apple TV was not working at 8:00 PM when I tried to watch the movie again. I think it might be because my Vizio TV is not from 2019 or 2020. But Apple TV was working before so … I don’t know. Really sick to watch Apple TV on my iPhone MINI.

I also can no longer screen mirror from my iPhone to my Vizio TV; it says there is a problem loading this content. I thought Apple TV wanted to increase its viewership. I think our issues can be solved with simple software updates.

I am unable to watch any Apple TV programs on my television. I use a firestick. If I try to watch anything I get a message that the video cannot play, check my WiFi. We’ll everything else is working, and I have restarted, unplugged, done everything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.