Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Big Sur Spatial Audio

In the announcement of MacOS Big Sur on apple website, we read, that Spatial Audio will FINALLY be supported on MacBooks, yet ONLY those, with M1 chip. Does that mean, that the most expensive currently MacBook Pro's (which are shipped with Intel ONLY), WON'T get Spatial Audio, while much more less expensive ones, yet with M1 chip, does???? What about millions of millions of customers who own Intel ones (my myself have an 2020 MBP with Intel onboard). Where is the point of such practice???

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 11:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 12:04 AM

Where did you read that only M1 equipped MacBooks are supported? That information is incorrect.

Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos is supported in all MacBooks that are 2018 or newer. More information here ➔ About Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos in Apple Music.

Axel F.

2 replies

Jul 12, 2021 1:43 AM in response to gbh102

At first, I'd like to clarify, as I did above post a bit messy. 1st - it wasn't Big Sur (BS was already released quite a long time ago and DO NOT and WILL NOT have Spatial Audio added > look below), I was thinking about and, 2nd - it was Spatial Audio MacBook support for AirPods Pro. Apple announced that it will become reality in upcoming MacOS Monterey. And yes, ONLY M1 equipped MacBooks will get feature >

https://www.apple.com/macos/monterey-preview/ (bottom of site, "And so much more" section > AirPods audio updates

Sorry for any misunderstood/incoveniance caused.

The question remains the same - what about ALL Intel-based MacBooks owners? Apple, c'mon....

MacOS Big Sur Spatial Audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.