Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t click on anything

On my Mac laptop the cursor will still move around using the pad and the screen is normal and shortcuts work but I can not click on anything AT ALL. I need a solution that requires literally absolutely not even one click. Simply because it won’t allow it.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 2:46 AM

Have you attempted to shut down and restart your MacBook Pro to see whether that resolves the issue that you are experiencing? Below are some more actions to take to resolve this:

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2021 2:46 AM in response to Gfinchy26

Have you attempted to shut down and restart your MacBook Pro to see whether that resolves the issue that you are experiencing? Below are some more actions to take to resolve this:

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Axel F.

Can’t click on anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.