Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos

I want to use Photos on my MacBook as an editing suite not to store or organise my photos How do I permanently delete from Photos after editing?

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 8:53 AM

Hi - Simply select it in the all photos view, and press delete. You will need to export it to a folder first though to store the edited version externally to photos.

It will then be moved to recently deleted for 30 days, then automatically permanently deleted. Or you can manually delete it from recently deleted and it is gone immediately.

It is an odd way to use the photos app though. If you simply want a single image editor there are better ones around.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2021 8:53 AM in response to alimacali

Hi - Simply select it in the all photos view, and press delete. You will need to export it to a folder first though to store the edited version externally to photos.

It will then be moved to recently deleted for 30 days, then automatically permanently deleted. Or you can manually delete it from recently deleted and it is gone immediately.

It is an odd way to use the photos app though. If you simply want a single image editor there are better ones around.

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.