Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air m1 bezel crack

Hello guys I accidentally cracked my new m1 macbook air display and the laptop is working fine and no affect on display and there is no apple store in my city what should i do will it affect the display please guide i am adding the photo.

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 11:33 AM

Since Apple warranty doesn't cover accidental damage, unless you've bought AppleCare Plus, to fix that is going to cost you at least half the price of the computer. As long as it doesn't spread into the viewable screen area I would't worry about it....I'd be sad but I wouldn't worry.

12 replies

Jul 16, 2021 4:39 AM in response to Neerajdev

One can Open the proper way, as you have been doing - the crack may have occurred during the Closing process. A Pen, wire from charger basically anything that come between the Display and keyboard can cause the crack.

Hope one uses the exact same method of closing the lid as used for opening. Have seen many people claim cracks happen when adjust the screen angle with one hand BUT grasping the screen bezel for a corner. All the Physical Energy transferred from Hand to Bezel on one corner caused torque Energy to warp the screen and Cracks in Display occur. The Two hinges require equal press to function as Designed.

Jul 16, 2021 10:12 AM in response to Neerajdev

Thank you too :-))

IMHO - the same way the computer lid is opened should also be used to adjust the angle once opened and same way to close the lid. That, or Two Hands on both side of the bezel for adjustments to angle and / or close Lid. It just seems natural to work with the designed two hinges instead of a lazy way - one had and all the force / energy on only one side and risk of cracking screen

Macbook air m1 bezel crack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.