Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone x front camera black screen.

Q:

Iphone X front Camera Black Screen

Hi,

I have an iPhone X with iOS version : 14.6

Around a week ago my front camera stopped working and showed a black screen in the camera app.

I restarted my iPhone, Cleaned both cameras, deleted all camera apps and finally reset all content and settings too, to no avail.

However during all of this my face ID worked perfectly fine and still is while the front camera just shows a black screen.

Any help is appreciated,

Regards,

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 8:19 PM

Hi munir196,

Welcome to the Apple Community, where some of us do our best to help each other :)

Apple support have an article online that may help with the camera on your iPhone:

If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch isn't working:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT203040

Hope this helps :)

5 replies

Iphone x front camera black screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.