Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacement of only space bar of MacBook 12” 2015 version

I have MacBook 12” 2015 version which one is working well as well only my space bar is not working well. So can I change only space bar of it? How much does it cost in the UK?

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 2:31 PM

Hello, Mabin Ghale.

Whether or not only the space bar can be repaired depends on the nature of the problem. If certain under-key components are the problem then maybe an AASP can repair it. Otherwise a full keyboard replacement would be in order.

As for the cost, figure 2-3 hours of labor at whatever the local rate is, plus the cost of the keyboard replacement part (maybe £60-ish) and there's your cost. Only your local AASP can be more specific.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2021 2:31 PM in response to Mabin Ghale

Hello, Mabin Ghale.

Whether or not only the space bar can be repaired depends on the nature of the problem. If certain under-key components are the problem then maybe an AASP can repair it. Otherwise a full keyboard replacement would be in order.

As for the cost, figure 2-3 hours of labor at whatever the local rate is, plus the cost of the keyboard replacement part (maybe £60-ish) and there's your cost. Only your local AASP can be more specific.

Replacement of only space bar of MacBook 12” 2015 version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.