Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

play video on Iphone 6s

Sound is stanndardly swiched off, how can i change that?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 12:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 11:48 AM

Hi Yvo2608,

Thank you for following up and for the clarity.

It looks like this is expected behavior if 'Auto-Play Videos and Live Photos' is enabled. This can be found in Settings > Photos > Auto-Play and Live Photos. If this setting is disabled, videos will not automatically play when opened, but when played, the sound will be enabled.

If you have feedback for Apple regarding these functions, we would suggest submitting it at the link below.

Apple - Product Feedback

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a great day!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2021 11:48 AM in response to Yvo2608

Hi Yvo2608,

Thank you for following up and for the clarity.

It looks like this is expected behavior if 'Auto-Play Videos and Live Photos' is enabled. This can be found in Settings > Photos > Auto-Play and Live Photos. If this setting is disabled, videos will not automatically play when opened, but when played, the sound will be enabled.

If you have feedback for Apple regarding these functions, we would suggest submitting it at the link below.

Apple - Product Feedback

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a great day!

Jul 13, 2021 5:53 AM in response to Yvo2608

Hi Yvo2608,

Thanks for reaching out using Apple Support Communities. Here to help.

We understand you're having some issues with controlling the volume on your iPhone 6s, is that right?

Is this occurring just in certain situations? You may want to check the silent switch on the side of the iPhone, as this will mute certain media volume by default.

The article below will provide information and guidance on managing audio and volume settings.

Adjust the volume on iPhone

Hope this helps! If we can provide further clarity, let us know a bit more about what's going on and we'll happily help.

Take care for now.

Jul 14, 2021 12:55 AM in response to chris_g1

Chris_g1 thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately it did not solve my problem.

Let me explain a little bit further:

With the Camera app I record a video.

When afterwards I play this video the sound is initially switched off.

Refer to the enclosed picture!

Tapping that speaker symbol wil bring back the sound.

What is to be changed to have the sound switched on instantly?

I hope you find the solution, regards Yvo2608

play video on Iphone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.