You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad microphone options

I am looking for a microphone solution for streaming on an iPad. I am looking to stream live sporting events and be able to have the iPad on a tripod close to the event recording the audio and video of the event, while I am further away as to not disturb the event, with a wireless mic adding commentary. My question is can you keep the internal microphone active while using an external microphone and record both, or would I need a system for 2 external microphones to get both sets of audio, and if so, what microphone setup would you recommend?

Thanks

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 11:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 4:08 AM

iPad will accept only a single audio source.

If you are looking to use multiple microphones, as described, you will need to use an external hardware mixer to combine your audio sources - and then use the “mixed” audio output from the mixer as input to your iPad.

Similar questions

2 replies

iPad microphone options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.