Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook keeps crashing (mostly in sleep mode) shortly after Big Sur update

Hello all,

Recently my Macbook keeps crashing, a lot of the time in sleep mode. I've done a full restore, reset SMC and PRAM, ran hardware diagnostics, nothing seems to be fixing this. Any idea what could be causing this, because I'm out of ideas at this point. Any help is greatly appreciated!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 12:15 PM

8 replies

Jul 13, 2021 6:39 PM in response to akolencik

The #1 glaring issue is the panic report. Without "Full Drive Access" enabled for EtreCheck we can't see all the relative information about this panic that will prove helpful.

You have two options:

1. Enable "Full Drive Access" for EtreCheck, and then, run another report and post it.
  2. Alternatively, if you rather not do that, your Mac stores panic reports in the /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports folder. A kernel panic reports would start with "kernel panic," and end with .panic. You can then paste that into the Additional Text tool.

Jul 14, 2021 5:47 PM in response to akolencik

Yes, this was helpful.

A few things to try:

1. If you have anything attached to your notebook, remove them. See if the panics continue. If you don't have anything attached, go to the next step.
  2. Boot up your Mac in Safe Mode. Run in this mode for awhile to see if the panics continue.

The area in the report that stands out is:

last started kext at 66300919644918: >!UAudio 405.39 (addr 0xffffff7fa9ba6000, size 315392)

last stopped kext at 47600360141537: >!UAudio 405.39 (addr 0xffffff7fa9ba6000, size 315392)

loaded kexts:

>!AUpstreamUserClient 3.6.8

>AudioAUUC 1.70

>!APlatformEnabler 2.7.0d0

>AGPM 122.1

Jul 15, 2021 10:26 AM in response to akolencik

Kernel panics are almost always hardware or device driver related. "Bad behaving" apps, would tend to show up as app crashes in the logs ... os I don't think a web browser extension would be the cause here.

Removing any external devices and running in Safe Mode should help narrow down what to look for. The panic log entries I highlighted only represent that last loaded driver and some of the other third-party extension that are running on your Mac. These also tend to indicate the most likely areas to investigate.

Macbook keeps crashing (mostly in sleep mode) shortly after Big Sur update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.