Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Basic Zoom function when composing mail (macOS mail)

Ok, now we are in the year 2021. Did some Apple developer find some time to implement the most simple function named: "zooming the window content" (i am not talking about increasing the font size) when composing a mail using Mac Mail? Just like it does work with reading email panes (⌘ -/+)

Please tell me, if you do not care about accessibility at all. This is such a basic feature and - looking at the number of support requests - badly wanted. Mac mail is unusable for composing emails in the current version.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 2:57 AM

What is the issue here? The size of interface, like the words To:, Cc: etc?

As said already, you can change the display resolution to one of the larger text options (in System Preferences->Displays).

There is a whole Accessibility pane in System Preferences. One of the useful tools is the Zoom feature. I often use it with

Control-scroll up or down when I need to occasionally see something that looks too small for my eyes. Easy to zoom in and back out. "Hover text" is another thing you may find useful.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2021 2:57 AM in response to H_a_n_s

What is the issue here? The size of interface, like the words To:, Cc: etc?

As said already, you can change the display resolution to one of the larger text options (in System Preferences->Displays).

There is a whole Accessibility pane in System Preferences. One of the useful tools is the Zoom feature. I often use it with

Control-scroll up or down when I need to occasionally see something that looks too small for my eyes. Easy to zoom in and back out. "Hover text" is another thing you may find useful.

Basic Zoom function when composing mail (macOS mail)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.