Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applet wallet verifying card

So I’m new to to apple and I wanted setup apple wallet. When I added my bank card it told me call xxx xxx xxxx for my bank to verify the card I added.I didn’t recognize that number being associated with my bank for services with the number i usually call.

So I called the bank and and asked them if this was their number. Cs said that’s not a number that bank has. They said it’s a third party from apple and the cs advised not to call or give any information! My bank participates in Apple Pay. I asked how then does the bank verify account then? The cs says they (bank) doesn’t and they (apple)use a third party within apple to do this? Any truth to this! I don’t know anyone else that use my bank and Apple Pay to ask

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 6:23 PM

1 reply

Jul 13, 2021 12:30 PM in response to RedClover264

Hi RedClover264,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand you are having problems adding your card to Apple Pay.

It sounds like you'll want to be sure to follow the steps linked below, to get things set up correctly.

Set up Apple Pay in Wallet on iPhone

"Add a credit or debit card

1. In Wallet, tap . You may be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • Add a new card: Position iPhone so that your card appears in the frame, or enter the card details manually.
    • Add your previous cards: Select the card associated with your Apple ID, cards you use with Apple Pay on your other devices, or cards that you removed. Tap Continue, then enter the CVV number of each card.

Alternatively, you may be able to add your card from the app of the bank or card issuer.

The card issuer determines whether your card is eligible for Apple Pay, and may ask you for additional information to complete the verification process."

If you need to add the same payment method to your Apple ID, here's how:

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods

Cheers!

Applet wallet verifying card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.