Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID creation.

I want to give my iPhone X to my mum because I have another iPhone now.

itll be the first time for her using an iPhone, so I need to create an Apple ID for her. When I tired to do it, I got a prompt error saying I should contact apple support because too many apple ids have been created and used on that phone. How can I solve this one ?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 8:32 PM

3 replies

Jul 12, 2021 9:08 PM in response to avinshukla

avinshukla Said:

"Apple ID creation. [...]too many apple ids have been created and used on that phone. How can I solve this one ?"

-------

Why the Error?:

You are limited to 5 Apple Accounts to be created per device, So, using another device that has not been used to create 5 Apple IDs, create an Apple ID with it, and then use your iPhone from there.

Set this Up Correctly:

Important: To set this up correctly for her, be certain you log yourself out of iCloud and all other devices on it. Then, use this link (being that you are giving it away): What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support If you do not sign out, it would be useless to her account.

Apple ID creation.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.