Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

siri keeps forgetting my mother's relationship to me

I try to teach Siri that "xxxxx" is my mother. Siri says "OK - I'll remember that xxxxx is your mother". Then when I say "call mother" she says "I don't see a mother in your contact list. What is you mother's name"

every time!

Then I look at my details and I see that Siri added "xxxxx" as my manager (I do not see a father or mother option.

In the past it worked, although every now and then I needed to "remind" Siri. But now it does not work. what is wrong?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 12:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 5:01 AM

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. I am not sure to which email account is synced Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Please add it manually. Also, I am not clear as to what you have tried. However, for the process watch the GIF below

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2021 5:01 AM in response to eyalmelamed

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. I am not sure to which email account is synced Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Please add it manually. Also, I am not clear as to what you have tried. However, for the process watch the GIF below

Jul 13, 2021 10:17 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for your help.

I tried to add it manually - but it seem that the "add label" options under the "add related name" includes only "spouse, manager and assistant."

I remember that in the past there were more options. Maybe that is why it is hapenning.

(when Siri tells me "OK I will remember that xxxxx is your mother" - after that I check and I see that xxxxx is my manager and my assistant...

How can I restore all the possible labels in related name?

siri keeps forgetting my mother's relationship to me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.